A Night On/Off Wealthy
The best nights in GR...
This past week I had the opportunity to attend the Runway Off Wealthy fashion show hosted by Lee and Birch. It was a night of taking in all the greatness that is Wealthy Street (and off of it obviously).
I met a couple friends for dinner at Donkey for a marg and some guac. Sidenote: a table left their (mostly full) dish of guac on their table...friends don't let friends leave guac at Donkey behind people. As usual, it was delicious. After dinner, we wandered up the street remarking on the great buildings that are having new life breathed into them. We walked past Lee and Birch's storefront to Jeffery Robertdwhere they hold this beautiful event. It's the most enchanting property: large rolling lawn, white tent with a runway, brick building with ivy growing up the side...bliss.
All photos by the amazing Leigh Ann Cobb. Seriously, the way she captures life in the most artistic way=I'm a total fan girl.
Leigh Ann. Geez.
HIGHLIGHTS OF THE SHOW:
- Meeting some of the babes I follow on Instagram but haven't been able to connect with in 'real life' yet. The best.
- DJ AB in.the.house. For real friends, this dude is the real deal. Have heard various DJs in my life and this guy breaks every mold. We spent most of the fashion show dancing to the best picks ever. Not to mention, his line being the 'opening act' of the show itself was EVERYTHING.
- Zoko822 with some of their delicious fare wandering around serving all of the excited guests.
- The runway was full of great fall looks and outfit inspo. And the shoes in this show. Oh my goodness the shoes my friends...tailored booties, heeled boots, fun lace up Sorels.
- The gorgeously curated West Elm Grand Rapids lounge
- Raising thousands of dollars for Kids' Food Basket and the littles that need our advocacy.
Biggest highlight though? Celebrating this great fall collection with some of the most empowering, talented, creative, chic women in West Michigan. Truly think that these evenings are when we're at our best...when we come together to support a local business and continue to develop this city.
If you would like to check out any of the companies involved in this event, I have them linked below!